Name: Dr. Vineet Kumar Kamal.
Designation: Scientist C
Division: Epidemiology & Bio-Statistics
Area of research(s): Statistical/Biostatistical tools including advanced multivariate methods; Development and validation of prognostic/predictive models; Clinical Trials; Machine Learning Methods; Decision Tree; Artificial Neural Network; Application of statistical methodology in medicine, public health, epidemiology and social science; Statistical Consultation, Clinical Epidemiology, Research Methods.
- Contact: +91-44-26136207
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: ICMR-National Institute of Epidemiology (NIE), Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s Travel Grant for presenting my research at The Joint International Society for Clinical Biostatistics and Australian Statistical Conference 2018, Melbourne, Australia.
- Our publication [Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, Sameer Bakhshi, Anita Chopra, and Vineet Kumar Kamal. "Molecular genetic profile in BCR-ABL1 negative pediatric B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia can further refine outcome prediction in addition to that by end-induction minimal residual disease detection." Leukemia & lymphoma 59, no. 8 (2018): 1899-1904] received Oncology Research Award 2019 (second prize), AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Our publication [Sanjeev Kumar Gupta, Sameer Bakhshi, Lalit Kumar, Vineet Kumar Kamal, and Rajive Kumar. "Gene copy number alteration profile and its clinical correlation in B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia." Leukemia & lymphoma 58, no. 2 (2017): 333-342] received AIIMS Excellence Research Award 2017 (third prize) at All India Institute of Medical sciences, New Delhi.
- Received CFDC award from the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB), Denmark and University of Birmingham, UK for oral presentation at International Society for Clinical Biostatistics Conference held during 21-25 August 2016, Birmingham, UK.
- Selection among 21 international students for the international summer school “The Demography of Health and Education” with full scholarship organized by The Vienna University of Economics and Business (Demography Group) in cooperation with the Wittgenstein Centre for Demography and Global Human Capital (IIASA(International Institute for Applied System Analysis), VID/ÖAW, WU), held at the premises of the Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU) in Vienna from 6 to 15 June 2016 in conjunction with the REVES Meeting 2016.
- Received “Conference award for developing countries” from the International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB) for oral presentation during ISCB 2015 Annual Conference at University of Utrecht, The Netherland.
- “Best Poster Presentation Award” at the 11th International Conference on Urban Health 2014, Manchester, England.
- Travel Grant Fellowship, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India for presenting papers at the International Brain Injury Association (IBIA) 10th World Congress on Brain Injury, March 19-23,2014 at San Francisco, California, USA
- Travel Grant Fellowship, Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for presenting papers at the 11th International Conference on Urban Health (ICUH)–2014, March 04-07, 2014 at University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)’s Senior Research Fellowship
- AIIMS Institutional Ph.D. Fellowship
Membership with professional bodies:
- Member of International Society for Clinical Biostatistics (ISCB)
- Life Member of Indian Society for Medical Statistics (ISMS)
- Life Member of Epidemiology Foundation of India
- Member of the Society of Young Scientist in All India Institute of Medical Science
- Member of International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP)
- A systematic assessment of acute viral hepatitis and chronic liver diseases in Northeast India with special reference to strengthening of laboratories in the region
- Validation of prognostic models for prediction of outcomes in traumatic brain injury patients for Indian subcontinent